Tuesday, June 21, 2011

ABC Scripture Challenge with Patter Cross - #13 - Motive


This fortnight Patter has given us the word "Motive" for our artwork.
When I looked on Bible Gateway ( which is a great place for searching for scriptures)  for a verse to use I came across the one I have used , which is Proverbs 16:2.  This really spoke to me on top of the devotional thoughts that Patter shared. I realised that something I was getting very involved in was not what God wanted me to be doing. My motives were wrong. I was doing too much thinking of  "self" and not putting God first.  I was becoming too obsessed in my digital scrapbooking - spending too much time on the computer doing things that brought no glory to God whatsoever.  Now I have resigned from two Creative Teams I was on for digital scrapbooking and I am experiencing such wonderful peace.  

No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.
Hebrews 12:10-12

For my digital art I have used a kit called "Jubilant" by Amanda Fraijo-Tobin

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautifully designed page Anne-Marie! Thank you for your sharing! Isn't it amazing the peace we feel when we do the Lord's will? And the blessings He then gifts us with? God is so good! His timing is also perfect in the words He keeps giving to Patter! Thank you for this lovely page!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it is much appreciated.