Saturday, April 14, 2012

Hymn Scripture Challenge with Patter Cross - #8 - Christ Arose

This fortnight Patter gave us a lovely old hymn which is often sung at Easter time - Christ Arose.

I will share the chorus:
Up from the grave He arose,
With a mighty triumph o'er His foes;
He arose a victor from the dark domain,
And He lives forever with 
His saints to reign.
He arose! He arose! Hallelujah! Christ arose!


Here is a quote by Billy Graham which is a good one to keep in mind:


"Each time I see the empty Cross, let me be reminded of your suffering and your victory, Lord Jesus."


For my digital art I used a kit called "Risen" by Outside the Box  Studio Design


Here is the 6 x 6 page featuring the hymn:



Here is the front and back of what I display on at ATC stand:




2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Anne-Marie! I love the butterfly showing new life and the Risen and the colors. Wonderful and now to get mine done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, Anne-Marie! I really like the collage look of the first page and the way you've written "Christ Arose" across the hymn sheet!
    The next pages are so very pretty with the larger butterfly image in the background, the beautiful purple shades, and again the collage style!
    It's always so FUN to sing the chorus of this song, isn't it?...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it is much appreciated.