Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Hymn Scripture Challenge with Patter Cross - #9 - I Surrender All

Patter gave us a hymn this fortnight that I have sung many times.

For the scripture I chose for my hybrid piece of art is one I found by typing in the word "surrender"  for a keyword search at BibleGateway. It is from the Amplified Bible and in case it is not readable as it is did not scan very well, I will share it now:
"Do you not know that if you continually surrender yourselves to anyone to do his will, you are the slaves of him who you obey, whether that be to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience which leads to righteousness." - Romans 6:16

I personally choose to surrender to Jesus as is sung in this great hymn.  It is not an easy path to tread but I know I have the Holy Spirit's help along the way. I have added on my digital piece word art that was in the digital kit I used - " try to remember: take it one day at a time".
That is all that God requires of us - to take one day at a time and with living each day to surrender to Him daily.

Here is my digital piece:

For this digital piece I have used a kit called "Life Montage" by Amanda Fraijo-Tobin and can be purchased from Scrap Girls 

This is the front and back pieces that I have added brads to and real stitching. This hangs on an ATC holder:



3 comments:

  1. Yes Anne Marie we do have to remember to take it one day at a time. Your pages are beautiful! I love the black and white with color added. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, Anne-Marie! That Scripture verse...in that version...really does say it perfectly, doesn't it? What a wonderful gift we have, of the Holy Spirit, to help with our daily walk! :o)
    Your pages are so fabulous! I really like the black and white and then the pops of bright colours! I also like how the matching flower ties them together! I also like the stitching! As you can tell...I like a lot about these pages! lol
    Hope you're doing well, my friend!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog via ScrapGirls. Your blog is really interesting, I can see I can learn a lot about digital scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it is much appreciated.