Monday, September 10, 2012

Hymn Scripture Challenge with Patter Cross_#11_ Great is Thy Faithfulness

This fortnight our hymn is a lovely hymn which I have sung many times in different Churches:

Great is Thy Faithfulness

I found the following thoughts on a website from doing a google search on Devotions about faithfulness and I really found these thoughts to be so true:

"1 Corinthians 1:9...   God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of His son Jesus Christ our Lord.

Not too much is taught on the faithfulness of God. Most of the sermons one hears is on our faithfulness and how we should be faithful.  Yet God is the One who is Faithful... even when we are not. He is faithful, unchanging and He never wavers.  Our salvation does not rest upon our faithfulness but rather GOD'S FAITHFULNESS.  God sees every believer in Christ. It was Jesus who finished the work of redemption for us and we are secure because of HIS FAITHFULNESS. He promised eternal life to "whosoever" will believe in Him.  Believers in Christ rest in Him today. The Lord Jesus is our righteousness; and we do not have a righteousness of our own.   "

For my  6 x 6 digital artwork I chose to share the second verse. Possibly it stood out to me as it mentions the seasons and we are the start of a new season  - Spring for me here living in Australia.
For the large ATCs the verse I have used, I felt went well with the verse from the hymn.

For my digital art I used the black paper from a kit called Purple Party by Lindsay Jane Designs and the remaining items are from Sky High by Lindsay Jane Designs.






3 comments:

  1. Anne-Marie, first, thank you for always leaving such sweet comments on my blog. You always brighten my day, and I truly appreciate you! Second, I love what you found on the web on faithfulness. Yes, God is the One who is Faithful!!!!!!! That is what I really wanted to show in my devotion. He is always there even when we ignore Him. And your page, what a beautiful depiction of this hymn. Love the light/dark, day/night. Just beautiful. Have a blessed day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne-Marie, as always such a pretty page. You are always the first to get these done and I look forward to coming by and looking! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Anne-Marie!
    Such wonderful words on faithfulness! Thank you for sharing them!
    Thank you for your lovely page too! I had forgotten you would be in your Spring season now, as we are experiencing Fall! The change of seasons is always a joy to see, isn't it?
    I finally got my page finished and am now looking at everyone else's! I hope to be back on track very soon!
    Hope all is well with you!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it is much appreciated.