Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Hymn Scripture Challenge with Patter Cross - #12 - Trust and Obey

This fortnight Patter has given us a favourite old hymn of mine.  It is one that the tune and words would always stick in my mind after we had sung it at Church.

On my digital 6 x 6 piece I have shared the second verse of the hymn because the words really spoke to me because of the burdens in my life right now that I am handing over to the Lord.  I have an elderly Aunt on the terrible journey of dealing with cancer. She and my uncle married late in life and so have no children so recently I really have become their substitute daughter.
So it followed on for me to choose the scripture that I have for my large ATC piece.
"Trust in Him at all times, pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge." Psalm 62:8

I have been pouring out my heart to Him because He is my refuge and He truly is giving me peace and comfort.

For my digital artwork I have used a kit called "Hope Springs New" by Tracie Stroud






2 comments:

  1. Anne-Marie, I just love what you have done here. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pages are very pretty, Anne-Marie! I really like the colours and the designs you've used!
    I know I'm finding this a little bit late. I have continued to pray for you but I will pray for this situation specifically! I will add your Aunt and Uncle to those prayers, as well. I trust you are feeling more peace about the situation by now!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it is much appreciated.