Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Hymn Scripture Challenge with Patter Cross - #15 - When Troubles Assail Us

This fortnight Patter has given us a hymn by John Newton which is not as well known as his "Amazing Grace" but I do remember singing this hymn in the past.

Patter was not able to give us any sheet music to use in our artwork so I found a digital piece of music sheets and one was another hymn by John Newton so I changed the title and then added the sheet music for Amazing Grace.  I have shared the second verse of the hymn as it stood out to me... I do like birds and at times my husband will quote to me  " The Lord will provide".

The scripture I chose to use on my large ATC is Psalm 9:9 which includes the word "trouble" so I felt it worked well for this hymn. When reading a commentary of this verse I discovered this:
The word oppressed - Those who are crushed, broken, the dejected, afflicted, unhappy...
This made me think that yes - even with our faith in Jesus Christ we can find ourselves being unhappy. But oh! who wonderful to find refuge in the one who loves us with an incomparable love.
Then the word refuge -  A high place where enemies can neither reach nor see you.
What a wonderful picture of the true safety we have available if only we do seek and take hold of it.

For my digital artwork I have used a kit called "Home Coming" by Designs by Helly





3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Anne-Marie. I love the way you used the birds around the verses. So thankful we serve a God who does provide for His children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful pages, Anne-Marie! The birds are so lovely! Yes, I am so grateful for God's "incomparable" love! You've written a wonderful post! Thank you!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it is much appreciated.