Sunday, December 2, 2012

Hymn Scripture Challenge with Patter Cross - #17 - Sweet Hour of Prayer

What a wonderful old hymn that Patter has chosen for us this fortnight. The tune to this hymn is one that stays in your mind after you have sung the hymn.
I have chosen the share the first few lines of the hymn on my 6 x 6 digital art piece.

From a book by Oswald Chambers:

" We look upon prayer as a means of getting things for ourselves; the Bible idea of prayer is that we may get to know God Himself"

My prayer is that through my prayers I may get to know Father more and more intimately each day.

For my digital art I have used a kit called "Fruit of the Spirit" by Connie Prince.  The praying hands image was found somewhere on the web.

The printer did not do such a good job with the back and from of the large ATC:



3 comments:

  1. Love the verse with they hybrid piece. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne-Marie you have another beauty here and yes I so agree that that is what I want is to learn more about my Father as I spend time in prayer with Him. Thanks for the beautiful pages and the beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page, Anne-Marie! The praying hands are so lovely! Your entire design is beautiful! Isn't this a special song? Thank you for your wonderful words!...Nancy :O)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it is much appreciated.